Crime Victims United, a non-partisan, non-profit, victim advocacy organization recently posted a video explaining the dangers of HR 1249, The No Money Bail Act. The video explains the dangers of eliminating monetary bail, judicial discretion, and eliminating options for pretrial release.
Since its founding in 1990, Crime Victims United’s mission has been to Support and strengthen public safety, Promote balance in the criminal justice system and Protect the rights of victims.
- Strengthening sentencing laws for violent criminals
- Create a safer, more effective criminal rehabilitation and re-entry system
- Establish and protect fundamental rights for crime victims and their families
- Assist victims and their families in restoring their lives
INFLUENCING PUBLIC POLICY
Crime Victims United Issue/Advocacy staff works daily to shape policy decisions that affect public safety budgets, sentencing and parole laws, or victims and their families. Crime Victims United evaluates, monitors and influences hundreds of legislative measures every year.
- Advising elected officials on public safety legislation
- Rallying victims and their families to let their voices be heard on public policy
- Working for stronger oversight/monitored re-entry by parolees into society
- Educating judges, district attorneys on changes to victims’ rights laws
- Passing or defeating various ballot measures
- Conducting special events and a yearly “Victims’ March on the Capitol”
RESTORING SHATTERED LIVES
Crime Victims United’s non-profit foundation helps victims and their families cope with their loss and move their lives forward.
- Providing college scholarships for victims and their children
- Giving legal assistance to all victims of crime
- Guiding victims’ families through the complex criminal justice system
- Representing crime victims in the national and state press
Tell your Federal Representative and Senators “No to HR 1249!”
Say no to eliminating monetary bail!
Say no to so called bail reform!
Say no to eliminating judicial discretion!
Say no to fewer pretrial options!
For more information regarding Crime Victims United click on the link: https://www.crimevictimsunited.com/